Mark your calendar for next year: April 18, 2015
New features next year include a Texas vs. Louisiana Triathlon Club Shootout
A 5 K run will be run concurrently with the duathlon and triathlon
2014 Equation: Great Weather + Great Course + Great Competition + Great Support = A Great Event with great looking T Shirt and finisher's medals.
Thanks to everyone for coming. Lots of free pictures here. The official race results can be found by clicking this link.
This course is easy enough for a beginner, but hard enough to challenge the experienced athlete.
TOP 10 Reasons to Compete
10. You choose: do a duathlon, try a triathlon, or put a triathlon team together with two or three people.
9. Swim in one of the prettiest, calmest, and cleanest lakes in Texas surrounded by the pineywoods of East Texas. Arguably, this is the most scenic triathlon in Texas.
8. The bike course is hilly and challenging for any athlete.
7. The course is very spectator friendly. Fans can watch the whole race, except for the bike portion, from one location.
6. The race is well supported with lots of friendly volunteers.
5. It’s all for a good cause. The Unity Baptist Association is the beneficiary. The UBA feeding unit has fed over one million meals to hurricane, tornado and wildfire victims in Texas, Louisiana and Alabama.
4. Same day packet pickup and late starting time means no hotel bills.
3. This is one of the lowest cost triathlons available.
2. The limit of 300 people and great support make it the most athlete friendly triathlons in the state.
1. It’s loads of healthy fun for the whole family with a giant bounce house for the kids. Spectators can watch the swim, run, and transitions from one spot.
Race distances are found on the FAQs page.
Stephen Parks -- Race Director
Enjoy racing in the beautiful pineywoods of East Texas. This is the most scenic, athlete and spectator friendly triathlon in Texas. Lake Tejas has great water for swimming! See directions to Lake Tejas under FAQs. Lake Tejas is a 45 minute drive southeast of Lufkin, 2 hours from Houston, and 1 hour from Beaumont. Lodging is available at Lake Tejas. To become a sponsor, see FAQs.