Thanks for checking on the status of this event. It will definitely not happen in the spring of 2017 due to my busy schedule. I am looking for another race director. If you are interested, then please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Parks, Race Director
2015 was another great event! Thanks to all who participated. Thanks to all the athletes who came from San Diego California, New Orleans, Austin, Dallas, Houston, Tyler, and Beaumont areas. The 2015 Official Results and a race report can be found on the results page.
75o Free Pictures for you to download - click here
This course is easy enough for a beginner, but hard enough to challenge the experienced athlete.
TOP 10 Reasons to Compete
10. You choose: do a duathlon, try a triathlon, or run a 5K.
9. Swim in one of the prettiest, calmest, and cleanest lakes in Texas surrounded by the pineywoods of East Texas. Arguably, this is the most scenic triathlon in Texas.
8. The bike course is hilly and challenging for any athlete.
7. The course is very spectator friendly. Fans can watch the whole race, except for the bike portion, from one location.
6. The race is well supported with lots of friendly volunteers.
5. It’s all for a good cause. The Unity Baptist Association is the beneficiary. The UBA feeding unit has fed over one million meals to hurricane, tornado and wildfire victims in Texas, Louisiana and Alabama.
4. Same day packet pickup and late starting time means no hotel bills.
3. This is one of the lowest cost triathlons available.
2. The limit of 250 people and great support make it the most athlete friendly triathlons in the state.
1. It’s loads of healthy fun for the whole family with a giant bounce house for the kids. Spectators can watch the swim, run, and transitions from one spot.
Race distances are found on the FAQs page.
Stephen Parks -- Race Director
Enjoy racing in the beautiful pineywoods of East Texas. This is the most scenic, athlete and spectator friendly triathlon in Texas. Lake Tejas has great water for swimming! See directions to Lake Tejas under FAQs. Lake Tejas is a 45 minute drive southeast of Lufkin, 2 hours from Houston, and 1 hour from Beaumont. Lodging is available at Lake Tejas. To become a sponsor, see FAQs.