The Triathlon and Duathlon will be on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 9:30 am.
Registration is now OPEN. See the Race Information page for prices.
To register, click on the IM Athlete button. Have your USAT number (if you are a member) and credit card ready. Enter any discount code at the end of registration.
This course is easy enough for a beginner, but hard enough to challenge the experienced athlete.
TOP 10 Reasons to Compete
10. You choose: do a duathlon, try a triathlon, or put a triathlon team together with two or three people.
9. Swim in one of the prettiest, calmest, and cleanest lakes in Texas surrounded by the pineywoods of East Texas. Arguably, this is the most scenic triathlon in Texas.
8. The bike course is hilly and challenging for any athlete.
7. The course is very spectator friendly. Fans can watch the whole race, except for the bike portion, from one location.
6. The race is well supported with lots of friendly volunteers.
5. It’s all for a good cause. The Unity Baptist Association is the beneficiary. The UBA feeding unit has fed over one million meals to hurricane, tornado and wildfire victims in Texas, Louisiana and Alabama.
4. Same day packet pickup and late starting time means no hotel bills.
3. This is one of the lowest cost triathlons available.
2. The limit of 300 people and great support make it the most athlete friendly triathlons in the state.
1. It’s loads of healthy fun for the whole family with a giant bounce house for the kids. Spectators can watch the swim, run, and transitions from one spot.
Race distances are found on the FAQs page.
Pictures on facebook are available using this link: Thanks Leesha
You can also download for free any pictures you want by clicking on this link: 2013 Pictures
Stephen Parks -- Race Director
Enjoy racing in the beautiful pineywoods of East Texas. This is the most scenic, athlete and spectator friendly triathlon in Texas. Lake Tejas has great water for swimming! See directions to Lake Tejas under FAQs. Lake Tejas is a 45 minute drive southeast of Lufkin, 2 hours from Houston, and 1 hour from Beaumont. Lodging is available at Lake Tejas. To become a sponsor, see FAQs.